This page will be a central location for CMMC professionals on the Certified Assessor track. Please send information if you see anything that is useful to CAs and CPs from a career perspective.
WARNING – THIS PAGE HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED SINCE EARLY 2021. Some information has changed since then. Please check back in a few weeks for the latest.
Official Guidance for Certified Assessor (CA) or Certified Professional (CP)
Status of Certified Assessor Training (February 2021)
The CMMC Assessment Process (interviews with Jeff Dalton, Jan 2021)
Big Rocks for Certified Assessor (CA) or Certified Professional (CP)
- $200 application fee to CMMC-AB (non-refundable)
- $ (unknown, $4500?) Training course for Certified Professional
- $ 300? Proctored exam for Certified Professional
- Free (but could take months) Tier 3 non-clearance suitability determination
*You could start work at this point as a member of an assessment team*
- $ (unknown, $4500?) Training course for Certified Assessor 1
- $ 300? Proctored exam for Certified Assessor 1
- $ (unknown, $3000 minimum?) Quality Assurance by CMMC-AB during first assessment at ML1?
*You could lead CMMC Level 1 assessments at this point*
- $ (unknown, $4500?) Training course for Certified Assessor 3
- $ 300? Proctored exam for Certified Assessor 3
- This is a guess by Amira, that each ML will need a quality assurance check. Currently the AB website says that just one QA will need to be done. $ (unknown, $3000 minimum?) Quality Assurance by CMMC-AB during first assessment at ML3?
*You could lead CMMC Level 1 – 3 assessments at this point*
- (unknown) Every few years, re-take exam, re-take training, or submit continual professional education
U.S. Citizen and achieve a favorably adjudicated Tier 3 suitability determination
Associated with a C3PAO organization that is authorized to perform assessments
Maintain ethical behavior per Code of Professional Conduct and as needed to maintain Suitability Determination
Are you ready to spend your life on the road, visiting 20-100 different companies or sites per year?
Are you ready to agonize about whether to record a NOT-MET requirement, and take all of the pressure that comes with it, for several months afterward?
Are you willing to continue training and fees to maintain your certified status?